Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Wherever you are now and whatever situation you are facing at this moment in time, believe me when I say that, you are not alone. You might think your life is not progressing in the way you would have preferred, but you need to know that it doesn’t matter where you are, what really matters is where you want to be. Every problem has its solution, and it all begins with your mindset, your thoughts and the beliefs you have.
Bear in mind that nothing that has happened to you till this point is your fault, as there are various factors, experiences and circumstances in your life which have influenced the kind of mindset you have now established. Many of us underestimate the power our minds have in shaping our reality, and this is why we find ourselves going round in circles without finding our breakthrough. We do the same things and end up with the same result, which can get quite frustrating.
I would like you to know that hope is not lost, as many others have passed through similar circumstances as yours. Some people give up, while some try to figure out what they are doing wrong, make necessary changes and find their breakthrough. I believe as you are reading this, you are trying to figure out what’s wrong, which is your first step in the right direction. You know there is a problem, and you are taking steps to find a solution. It is a matter of awareness for you to achieve what you want to achieve.
What do you think about the life you are presently living?
Here are some questions that examine what you might be going through at the moment. I would like you to consider them, examine your emotions and answer them as truthfully as possible.
- Do you blame yourself for most of what has happened in your life till this point?
- Do you feel like you can never be successful because you of the constant failure you experience every time you try?
- Are you broke, struggling to make ends meet, or in debt?
Do you feel your life is stagnant and not progressing as you would like?
- Are you consumed by negative and disturbing thoughts most of the time?
- Are your relationships toxic and end up never working out?
- Do you feel like there should be more to your life?
- Do you feel very alone even when you have friends and family?
- Do you think everyone would be better off without you?
- Do you feel a persistent, unshakable sense of sadness or hopelessness?
- Are you unable to imagine any solution to your problems?
- Are you at the point of giving up on everything?
If you agree with most of the questions above, this is for you, keep on reading.
What you need to remember
You are not alone, as there are many other people that have gone through the same thing with you and they are still alive and thriving today. You can indeed change the course your life is taking. You can achieve the life you want for yourself.
Talking about the problems you are facing is okay, and will help significantly. You can talk to a trusted friend or family member, online groups or forums if they will show you kindness and try to understand you. Sharing with people who understand will lift the distress, and give you the support you need.
Self-harm and suicidal thoughts or plans is a sign of serious emotional distress, which might be as a result of the loss of a loved one, loss of employment, a relationship break-up, or experience of violence or abuse. You are not to blame as this can happen to anyone.
Things you can do
- If you think you are in immediate danger of harming yourself contact the emergency services or a crisis line, or go there directly.
- Talk to a professional, such as a doctor, mental health professional, counselor or social worker.
- If you practice a religion, talk to someone from your religious community who you trust.
- Practice self-compassion which is the ability to turn understanding, acceptance, and love inward. You might see it as an act of self-indulgence or selfishness, but it can help with relieving many mental health concerns such as anxiety or insecurity.
Change Your Mindset, Change Your Life
Do you have faith in God based on your beliefs? If your answer is affirmative, then you must have heard that God has a plan for you. But do you understand what God’s plan concerning you is really about? And I don’t mean the song by Drake.
The first thing to note is that there are 7.2 billion people on this earth, and God is charged with taking care of every single one of them, which you would agree is a pretty huge task. Also, there are approximately 6,500 languages spoken on this earth, which should complicate things further but God has a process which is quite simple to follow.
God has everything in abundance, and for you to connect with this abundance, you will need to follow a very simple process which is based on your thoughts. It is a straightforward case of what you think, you become, and what you think, you get. I won’t be surprised if after reading that, you start thinking about a new house or car. You will definitely get it, but for that to happen you need to have a connection with God, and this connection happens with your devotion not desire. To forge this connection, you will need to work on your mindset. You will need to rewire what you have learned and begin to imagine your life the way you want it to be.
Your mindset in the past is what made you into the way you are right now and going forward, the image you see will shape you into the person who you want to be in future.
Understand that your mind is a very powerful part of you which you should not take for granted. Believe it or not, you are in control of what goes into your head. You control your thoughts, and you become what you think.
In the book, Scarcity to Abundance through “A Winning Mindset” you will learn the steps to rewire your brain, which in turn will upgrade your self-destructive mindset into a winning mindset, putting an end to the unconscious habits that led you to despair. The difference is all in your thoughts, and believe me, you are not alone in this.